- Care should be taken to wear the proper protective gear at all times....this
includes, but is not limited to... helmets, wrist guards, elbow pads and knee
- Find a railing to hang on to. Lift the ball of your foot and find your balance
point. Try this on one foot, then repeat with both feet.
- Begin with your feet together.
- Step forward, leading with your strong leg, and balance on the heel assembly.
- While the strong leg is balanced on the heel, use the trailing leg to push
your body forward; then quickly lift the ball of your foot and balance on the
- Pull yourself along the railing at first, while finding the balance point.
- And to make sure you don't bust, keep your trailing foot directly behind
the leading foot.
HINTS AND TIPS FOR STARTERS:
- Hold a handrail or door jam while finding your balance point.
- Lock the knee of the trailing foot.
- Keep one foot directly behind the other.
- Go over cracks at an angle.
- To Heel faster run into the motion instead of stepping or pushing.
- If you think you're going to do a face plant, just put your toes down and
walk out of Heeling motion.